9/8/12

Deborah Lippmann "Sarah Smile" and "Diamonds & Pearls"

Continuing on with my Deborah Lippmann neutrals (yesterday I wore "Modern Love"!), today I have layered 2 polishes: "Sarah Smile", a sheer pink and "Diamonds & Pearls", a iridescent pearl shimmer.




So, "Sarah Smile" (created with Sarah Jessica Parker) is sheer.  So sheer, it's streaky with the first 3 layers. I was committed to wearing this today, so I did a 4th layer (something I will only do if I really LOVE something) and voila! It's perfect.  The consistency is somewhat jelly like, but with definite creme tendencies:



Then I put one layer of "Diamonds and Pearls" on top. Here is a closeup of the bottle...it's gorgeous and glowy:

Here it is on top of "Sarah Smile":


It's a subtle combo, but I love it! (Of course I do- it's neutral!)

The best part? I ordered both of these from Apothica.com, and they were on sale for $8.40 each! (Regular price is $16).  They also have several others: "Don't Tell Mama", "Fade To Black", "Like A Virgin", "Just Walk Away Renee", "Lady Is A Tramp", and "My Old Flame" listed for the same price.  Check them out!


17 comments:

  1. To go with my new love for neutral shades - WOW! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great?! I'm glad you can appreciate my love for neutrals ;-)

      Delete
  2. This is a pretty great combo - and why am I not surprised SJP went with something like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this! How have I never seen swatches of Diamonds and Pearls before? Looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I know, Diamonds and Pearls slipped under the radar for me until very recently.

      Delete
  4. This is such a classic, ladylike combo. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have 2 bottles of Sarah Smile (don't even know why) and I haven't worn it for a while, but I remember needing at least 3 coats to get it even...not something I like to do too often, although it's a pretty shade -- makes me overlook any fussiness! I love how you put these 2 together; the layer of Diamonds and Pearls on top gives Sarah Smile a really nice edgy touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how well it wore too! I've had it on for a few days with no chips or peeling tendencies. Usually when I do so many layers, they tend to peel pretty easily. Love DL!

      Delete
  6. They need to bottle this combo. It's just a really beautiful yet subtle neutral that I can see myself wearing out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing neutral, but fun combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combo! I need to get a nice cream colored polish. Now I have an idea what to get! Thanks :) Also, I am giving you the Kreativ Blogger Award... http://glamfiend.blogspot.com/2012/09/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous nude! Diamonds and Pearls looks great on top of it!

    ReplyDelete

Obsessed?