7/9/12

Julep Maven Box for July! (American Beauty)

Here are some pictures of my Julep Maven Box for July!  I am usually the "Boho Glam" style, but I switched things up this month and picked "American Beauty" instead.  I was really excited about this month's box when I got the preview email.  Not only were there 2 cool polishes and a lip gloss, but this was the box that also contained the free "America" polish for the 4th of July!  To take it one step further, I did something else that I usually don't do- I "added on" the other special glitter polish for the month, "O Canada" (Julep gives you the option to add on to your box for a discounted price).

Such cute packaging and some candy fire balls too!



My add-on shipped seperately, so it has a pic all of it's own :D  :
O Canada

Here is "Lynn" (described as "nude blush pearl").  I did 3 layers here. The formula was great, although a little sheer.  The brush strokes tend to show up on this one too, so I went over them lightly with my clean up brush dipped in acetone and it smoothed them out and made the strokes less visible.  "Yumi" ("pink opalescent multi-dimensional glitter" is layered on my ring finger:


Here is the lip gloss, "Peony".  This color is designed to match the nail polish "Lynn".  The consistency is great on this as well- not too thick or thin, and not overly sticky.  It has a small brush applicator.  The smell (something very important to me in my lip glosses) was nice- it reminded me of a vanilla sugar and it wasn't too overpowering.  The color is very sheer and natural:
Here is a shot of "America" from my post the other day (layered over Julep Catherine):

I haven't tried "O Canada" yet, but plan on doing it soon!  I LOVED my box this month - I feel like the boxes have been getting more exciting lately!

If you are interesting in signing up for your own monthly Julep Maven box, you can click on my referral link here (disclosure: I get credits for your sign up should you use my link).  You can enter the code "COLORS4ONE" and receive your first box for a penny!  Yes, one cent!

Which was your favorite item from this box?



10 comments:

  1. Love this box! These polishes and lip gloss make us want to sign up! Oh and we totally think that you need to make a birthday trip to Sephora.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors. I love the last picture.

    xx
    Heel in Mint
    www.heelinmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polishes surprised me this month, other than America (mine was a goopy mess). But usually I see all the options and think "meh, they're alright", but I really liked the blue and white I got in the It Girl box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I am never compelled to "add on" and I had such a hard time narrowing down what I wanted- that never happens! Crappy that your America was goopy though :(

      Delete
  4. The lip gloss is something new! I'm excited to check them out on Julep's website! They remind me of Butter London's lippies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how the gloss felt when it was on! Very moisturizing!

      Delete

Obsessed?