Monday, September 12, 2011

Julep Stella and Vanessa Nail Polish Pictures, Swatches, Review

Fall arrived early today for me in the form of a package from Julep in my mailbox.  Inside were 2 colors I ordered on a whim- Stella, a mustard yellow is something I never would normally go for and Vanessa is a glitter with a clear base. It was hard to tell from the website pic what Vanessa actually looked like, but I decided to go for it anyway.



Stella is a creme polish and only took 2 coats to apply evenly:







Here is Stella with one coat of Vanessa over it; this combo reminded me of the autumn leaves sprinkled with raindrops after the first day of "rainy season" here in Portland :
Jeff says, "This color makes me think of candy corn".


I quickly noticed that my nails matched my new fall "Caramel Apple" candle:
How Autumn-y!

What do you think of yellow for nails?  Yay or nay?  I am pleasantly surprised by Stella...she is beautiful and unique!

6 comments:

  1. The yellow is not my type… I would prefer a butter yellow or sunshine yellow. I think Vanessa would look great over an emerald green creme shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I would like Stella, but it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maribeth, only YOU could make mustard yellow nails look so fabulous! I think this is totally unique and wearable, and while I love the look of it on its own, the delicate glitter on top adds a really nice touch too! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOVE IT!!!!!! Great fall color!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not a yellow shade person, but this one??? omg, i think i may have to cave in...

    ReplyDelete

Obsessed?